After graduating in 1991 as a C.M.C (Certified Master Chef) from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, France, the worldwide most recognized Culinary Institute, Chef Playuk has had an extensive culinary experience making him the expert he is today.
- Hector was the Executive Chef of The Blackwall Hitch Barn and Lodge restaurant located at Annapolis.
- Before his current role, he was the Corporate Executive Chef Cadia Healthcare and NMS Healthcare, a nursing home provider with ten facilities (Maryland and Delaware). He has successfully taken a restaurant-style approach to change the ways meals are prepared for nursing homes patients.
- Before joining these companies, Hector was the Executive Chef for the National Academy of Sciences in-house catering provider Sodexho, which is the leading provider of food and facilities management in the United States.
- Hector was the Executive Chef of notable Washington D.C.’s kitchens like 14K in the Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel; the Hilton Arlington Hotel; The Ritz Carlton Tyson’s Corner, as well as Café Milano.
- Hector also serves as instructor and proctor of ServSafe National Restaurant Association and is a member and speaker for Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals.
- Former White House private event chef under Bill Clinton administrations
- Hector began his culinary career in Buenos Aires; apprenticed under renowned Chef Gato Dumas at the Dumas Culinary School of Argentina.